All about Camera Basics
Here we will explain all about camera basics. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of different types and models of digital cameras from numerous different manufacturers available on the market today. With such a wide variety however, the camera basics are very similar, if not the same. The 3 main camera types we deal with here are Compact, Bridge and Dslr cameras. Mobile phone cameras are now so advanced that they now have more or less all similar features to dedicated cameras. There are so many different makes and models of mobile phone, and the change so frequently, we could not possibly list them all here.
- Auto – Completely automatic. The camera analyses the scene and tries to choose the settings to produce the best results.
- Auto flash off – Same as full auto but with the flash disabled.
- Portrait – Designed to produce softly focused backgrounds for flattering portraits.
- Landscape – Designed to keep both near and distant subjects in sharp focus.
- Sports – Selects faster shutter speeds to capture fast moving objects without blur.
- Close Up – Produces softly focused backgrounds especially suitable for close ups of flowers or children.
- Night Portrait – Same as portrait but with flash mode set to slow-sync, resulting in a slower shutter speed to produce softer lighting and brighter backgrounds.