Calling all Astrophotographers. Here is an opportunity for astrophotographers in Ireland to showcase their work to the public. The IAS and IFAS have organised a special exhibition to showcase the work of Irish backyard astronomers. The exhibition is taking place in the Botanical Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin from 2nd – 21st February 2016.
You are invited to submit an image to go on national display at the Botanical Gardens, Dublin next February 2016!
Here is an opportunity for astrophotographers in Ireland to showcase their work, presenting the wonders of the Cosmos at the Botanical Gardens in an exclusive exhibit in a collaboration between the Irish Astronomical Society (www.irishastrosoc.org) and the Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies (www.irishastronomy.org), which includes members of its member clubs.
Irish astrophotographers are invited to submit an image to be showcased to the public as part of a display highlighting the wonders of the Universe for a limited time from February 2nd to 21st 2016. The Botanical Gardens in Dublin has freely allowed the use of their lobby to display 100 images mounted for display, and incorporate additional items like (a limited number of) telescopes, large format poster displays and more.
Your photo can be submitted in digital or printed format. The following are guidelines:
1. Digital prints must be at 300dpi and in its largest format aspect ratio.
2. TIFF format is preferred, or high resolution (300dpi) JPEG is also allowed (RGB or CMYK is allowed).
3. Physical prints must be of a high quality (uncurled or folded) and can have a gloss or matte finish. Do not send mounted prints.
4. All photos will be fitted in an A3 mount and frame, and therefore may be subjected to cropping, if necessary.
5. All images submitted MUST have information about how the image was taken (equipment, location, software and techniques used, etc.), information about the object(s) shown, and the photographer’s information.
Digital images can be sent via email to email@example.com as an attachment (do not include off-site links to images), while postal images are to be sent to Botanical Exhibition ℅ Seanie Morris, Anstee, Daingean Road, Tullamore, Co. Offaly.
All considerations must be received by Friday January 8th 2016.
– If submitting a printed photo, it cannot be returned. Images supplied DO NOT become the property of the Irish Astronomical Society or the Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies, and copies and prints will be discarded after the exhibition (unless otherwise stated, whereupon the photographer will be contacted accordingly).
– Photos submitted may become part of any promotional campaign to be used in print format and in online news sources and social media specific to this exhibition.
– The organisers and their affiliated clubs (IAS, IFAS, or other) are not responsible for lost postal submissions, lost or misdirected emails (an autoresponder will confirm your email’s arrival), or incorrect information supplied.