Feile Na Samhna Swinford October 28th-30th
The annual Feile na Samhna Swinford festival takes place on the October bank holiday weekend. The traditional music weekend runs from Saturday 28th to the bank holiday Monday 30th. There will be traditional music sessions in all the pubs during the weekend. There will be lots of entertainment on offer, for all tastes and its all free! There should be some good photo & video ops for our camera club members.
Saturday 28th Official opening at 2.30
- 11AM – Singing workshop in Irish & English for adults & children, Swinford national school.
- “Marching to the beat of the drum” with Fife and Pipes of the Swinford area through the years. Celebrating the legacy of the local marching bands. Interactive presentation with tunes & chat, Gateway Hotel.
- 9pm in Mellett’s Emporium, Oíche Amhránaíochta – Singing club.
- 12.30pm – Midfield Pipe Band recital at Church & march through the town.
- 5pm – The Rambling House presents, “Fáilte Abhaile” They’ve Landed. Traditional entertainment, music, song, dance, poetry & caint, in the Gateway Hotel.
- 11am – Historical walk of Swinford with local historian Michael Comer. Meet at hotel (walk approx 1 hour).